Why study respiratory care?
- The demand for health care professionals has never been higher, so job stability is excellent.
- You will have the opportunity to help people and make a lasting and meaningful difference in their lives.
- Respiratory care requires a diverse range of skills to include diagnosis, evaluation, analysis, management, trouble-shooting, collaboration, and teaching.
- Our program teaches you the didactic, psychomotor and affective skills necessary to function as a respiratory care professional.
- Our students receive a broad curriculum that introduces them to the diversity of the respiratory care profession and prepares them to be critical thinkers who can identify solutions to clinical problems in collaboration with other health care providers.
The respiratory care program at Missouri State University-West Plains is currently in the process of applying for accreditation from the Committee on Accreditation of Respiratory Care (CoARC). The program has submitted an application along with a letter of intent.
For more information about the Associate of Applied Science in Respiratory Care Program, please contact Cindy Smith, MRC, RRT-NPS at (417) 255-7250 or email CindyASmith@missouristate.edu.