Missouri State-West Plains Credit Card Policy
As part of the annual fee schedule approved by the Board of Governors, Missouri State University-West Plains credit card policy is as follows:
- The University utilizes a third party credit card processing company to process payments made by credit or debit cards on all University accounts.
- The system will accept American Express, Discover, E-Check, MasterCard and Visa cards. Visa is now an accepted payment method for payments on University accounts.
- E-check payments do not incur a processing fee.
- The third party processing company charges a separate convenience fee of 2.75 percent that applies to all credit and debit card payments. The University does not share in this fee.
- This policy does not affect credit card payments made directly at the Drago College Store, Putnam Student Center's food services or the West Plains Civic Center pool and fitness center.
Frequently Asked Questions
What credit cards are accepted for University Account payments?
Missouri State University-West Plains accepts American Express, Discover, E-Check, MasterCard and Visa. These cards are accepted as payment online only.
Why is Missouri State University-West Plains charging a fee for the use of my credit card?
Missouri State University-West Plains wants to provide students and their families a range of options for paying their educational expenses. Credit card payment methods, however, have become prohibitively expensive because of the fees charged by credit card companies for credit card transaction processing. Previously, this fee has been paid by the University and by all students, regardless of whether they used credit cards for payment or not. With the new system, only those who opt to pay using a credit/debit card incur the 2.75 percent fee charged by the third party company.
Is there any way I can avoid paying a convenience fee?
You can avoid paying the convenience fee by paying online with an e-check, an electronic withdrawal from your checking or savings account. You may also mail a check to Missouri State University-West Plains.
If I make a credit card payment in error, will my convenience fee be refunded?
No. The convenience fee is not refundable, even if the payment to which it relates is cancelled, refunded, credited or charged back.
If I use my debit card to pay my student account charges, will I be charged a convenience fee?
Yes. If you use your debit card like a credit card to pay your student account charges, you will be charged the 2.75 percent convenience fee. For checking or savings account debits, please use the e-check option to avoid paying the convenience fee.
Will I be charged a convenience fee on all purchases from Missouri State-West Plains?
No. The fee does not apply to credit card payments made directly at the Drago College Store, Putnam Student Center's food services or the West Plains Civic Center pool and fitness center.