In keeping with its mission to serve the community by providing formal and informal educational opportunities, Missouri State University-West Plains will make its facilities available to community groups for educational, cultural, or other purposes consistent with the role of the University.
Facility Usage Priority Listing
- Credit and noncredit classes
- College-sponsored groups and/or activities
- Public agencies and public schools
- Non-profit community groups
- Other requests for the use of the facilities will be considered in order of receipt.
The University reserves the right to deny facility usage to any group or organization.
Facility Usage Application Process
Arrangements for the use of University facilities, including both buildings and grounds, must be made in advance and approved through the Office of Business and Support Services. A Facility Reservation Form must be submitted at least three weeks prior the event. Forms are available online at http://www.wp.missouristate.edu/physicalplant/facilityreservationform.htm. Filing of an application does not guarantee facility usage.
Campus Operating Hours
Physical Plant staff will be on site during approved events to ensure that the facility is open when needed and closed after the event. Excluding University holidays, Physical Plant staff are available from Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to midnight, Saturday from 8:15 am to 5:15 pm.
Non-University users will be charged fees appropriate to the facilities requested and the type of organization making the request. Organizations will be advised of the total charges following review of their Facility Reservation Form.
Groups reserving space are responsible for the behavior of their members and guests. It is understood that the organization agrees to abide by University rules and regulations. Any damages or personal injuries are the responsibility of the sponsoring organization.
Anyone requesting to use University facilities for a University committee, task force or similar meeting should contact the Academic Affairs Administrative Assistant to reserve classrooms and the Student Services Administrative Assistant to reserve the Lybyer T208 conference room.
Faculty, staff or students requesting to use University facilities for a University-sponsored event will be asked to submit a Facility Reservation Form. If the request is student-oriented, a faculty/staff advisor must be present at the event. The applicant will be responsible for coordinating any technical or custodial assistance.
Anyone outside of the University requesting to use University facilities will be asked to fill out a Facility Reservation Form. They can access the form via the web at http://www.wp.missouristate.edu/businessservices/facilityreservationform.htm. Due to space limitations, external requests for reoccurring use of the facilities should not be submitted.
- Once an application has been received, the Director of Business and Support Services will review the application to determine if the request should be considered. If the request is of a commercial nature, the applicant will be referred to the West Plains Civic Center.
- The Director of Business and Support Services will review the following to determine if the request can be granted.
- Room availability: The Academic Affairs Administrative Assistant will be contacted to determine classroom availability, or the Student Services Administrative Assistant will be contacted to determine the Lybyer T208 conference room availability.
- Technical assistance: The Director of Information Technology Services will be contacted regarding any technology needs.
- Custodial assistance: The Superintendent of Physical Plant will be contacted for any set-up needs. Physical Plant staff will be on site during approved events to ensure that the facility is open when needed and closed after the event.
- It will be determined if a fee should be charged to include rental and any costs associated with additional services (custodial, technical, etc.).
- Once a decision has been made, the Director of Business and Support Services will contact the applicant to confirm or deny the reservation.
- Once a reservation has been approved and confirmed, the following offices will be notified of the details: Academic Affairs, Admissions, and Physical Plant. If technical equipment has been requested, Information Technology Services will also be notified.