STudent Advising and Registration (STAR) Orientation
Focus™2 is a self-paced, online career and education planning tool for use by college students.
It will enable you to self-assess your career relevant personal qualities and explore career fields and major areas of study that are most compatible with your assessment results. Students who use Focus™2 make better decisions about their goals and plans and learn how to self-manage their careers.
Use Focus™2 to help you choose or change your major and also to verify your preferences or early choice of a career field.
Please complete your Focus™2 assessment prior to attending STAR orientation
To get started on Focus™2:
- First-time users: Create an account. Use the following Access Code when prompted: msuwpexplore.
- Returning users: Log on using the account you have already created.
Missouri State University-West Plains is happy you have chosen to continue your education at our campus. As your first step toward college success, you must attend one of the STudent Advising and Registration (STAR) Orientations. The program is designed to assist you in the transition to college life.
- STAR is required of all new students.
- Because attendance is limited, call early for your chosen date no later than 72 hours in advance.
You must call AACCESS at (417) 255-7222 to reserve a spot. Date and times of STAR are listed below:
Loading Calendar. . .
Before attending one of the STAR Orientations, the following items must be completed:
- Admission to Missouri State University-West Plains
- ACT score on file
- Take a COMPASS computerized exam for mathematics placement (contact AACCESS to arrange a test time)
- Writing sample for English placement completed (available same day as the sessions that start at 1:00 PM or later)
Bring information to complete a vehicle registration form.
You will need the year, make, and color of your vehicle as well as the license plate number.
By the end of STAR Orientation you will:
- have met with a faculty advisor
- be scheduled for classes
- have your student ID
- have an assigned computer account password
- have an opportunity to purchase textbooks
- be afforded an opportunity for a campus tour (optional)
- have an opportunity to visit with the financial aid representative.
In short, be totally prepared for the first day of classes.
The Drago College Store will be open so that you may purchase books, supplies and Grizzly Gear.
Please call AACCESS at (417) 255-7222 at least 72 hours before your preferred date in order to reserve your spot at a STAR Orientation.
Missouri State University-West Plains
Advisement and Academic Coaching Center for Empowering Student Success (AACCESS)