STudent Advising and Registration (STAR) Orientation
Missouri State University-West Plains is happy you have chosen to continue your education at our campus. As your first step toward college success, you must attend one of the STudent Advising and Registration (STAR) Orientations. The program is designed to assist you in the transition to college life.
- STAR is required of all new students.
- Because attendance is limited, call early for your chosen date no later than 72 hours in advance.
You must call AACCESS at (417) 255-7222 to reserve a spot. Date and times of STAR are listed below:
Loading Calendar. . .
Before attending one of the STAR Orientations, the following items must be completed:
- Admission to Missouri State University-West Plains
- ACT score on file or
- Have Compass reading and math scores on file or take the Accuplacer placement exam
Bring information to complete a vehicle registration form.
You will need the year, make, and color of your vehicle as well as the license plate number.
By the end of STAR Orientation you will:
- have met with a faculty advisor
- be scheduled for classes
- have your student ID
- have an assigned computer account password
- have an opportunity to purchase textbooks
- be afforded an opportunity for a campus tour (optional)
- have an opportunity to visit with the financial aid representative.
In short, be totally prepared for the first day of classes.
The Drago College Store will be open so that you may purchase books, supplies and Grizzly Gear.
Please call AACCESS at (417) 255-7222 at least 72 hours before your preferred date in order to reserve your spot at a STAR Orientation.
Missouri State University-West Plains
Advisement and Academic Coaching Center for Empowering Student Success (AACCESS)