Priority Enrollment for New Students:
Students are encouraged to apply for admission early in order to complete all steps in the enrollment process and to allow time for any financial aid to be processed. Because the process is important and takes a significant amount of time, we recommend that students apply for admission by June 1 for the fall semester, November 1 for the spring semester and April 1 for the summer semester.
New students must complete all the following steps prior to the first day of the semester:
- Apply for admission
- Provide everything necessary (i.e., high school transcripts, college transcripts, application fee, etc.) to complete the admission process and be formally admitted
- Complete placement testing
- Attend a STAR orientation session (or University-sanctioned equivalent) and meet with an academic advisor
- Register for classes (Registration priority is given to early applicants.)
If seeking financial aid:
- Complete the FAFSA and scholarship application and submit any required supporting documents as early as possible. (Late applicants should anticipate that financial aid may not be processed prior to the beginning of the semester and be prepared to purchase textbooks with other resources. Tuition and fees can be paid utilizing the University’s deferred payment plan).
Students beginning the process later than recommended above may not be able to accomplish the full enrollment process (admission, orientation, registration) before the first day of the semester and may need to wait to enroll for a subsequent semester.
Students seeking to register after the start of a semester may appeal to the dean of academic affairs. Appeals will only be approved in situations where extenuating circumstances warrant.
Approved by the Administrative Council of Missouri State University-West Plains: October 9, 2012