Seek Career Advice and Guidance
- Meet with a career counselor. Contact the career development center to set up an appointment.
- Do an interest inventory career assessment, self-directed search or strong interest inventory.
- Discuss assessment results with career counselor.
- To get somewhere you want to go, you first have to know where you are. Make note of your education/training, work skills and consider what motivates you and what you value.
Explore Careers and Make Choices
- Look at job temperaments, job projections, training requirements, and salaries. For more info see: Occupational Outlook Handbook.
- Utilize text materials and websites to explore careers. Checkout Missouri Occupational Profiles & Projections.
- Gather data, narrow options, and begin making choices.
- Ask yourself if the career is compatible with your values and will you be motivated working in that field.
- Other career info links…
Map Out a Career Plan
- After exploring careers and considering your interests, values, and what motivates you, it is time to move on a make some firm decisions!
- Develop a career pathway, including area of study, to help lead you toward your chosen field.
- Meet with an academic advisor to help with class scheduling. For more info, contact the Advisement and Academic Coaching Center for Empowering Student Success (AACCESS).