Procedures for withdrawal from the University
- Students withdrawing from the University must initiate the withdrawal process either in person, by fax (417) 255-7977 or through a BearPass Email account with the office of registration and records.
- Individuals taking only one class who wish to drop that class must withdraw from the University.
Note: Students may not withdraw from the University through My Grizzly Den
- If a student withdraws prior to the close of the ninth week, a grade of 'W' will be assigned for each course.
- If a student withdraws after the close of the ninth week, the instructor will indicate a grade of 'W' or 'F'. A 'W' indicates the course was dropped without penalty. An 'F' grade is calculated in the grade point average.
- The last day for withdrawing from school is one week prior to the last day of the semester.
- Withdrawal dates for summer and intersession sessions are different. Contact the office of registration and records for those dates.
- Withdrawal is not complete until the office of registration and records has processed the paperwork.