Needs to be converted to Asset.
The required general education courses for the Associate of Arts in General Studies are listed as follows:
|Foundations Requirements||Credit Hours|
COM 115 Fundamentals of Public Speaking
|Written Communications and Information Literacy
ENG 110 Writing I
|Written Communications and Integrative and Applied Learning (choose one)
IDS 110 Student Success
|Quantitative Literacy (choose one)
|Natural World Requirements||Credit Hours|
|At least one course from each area, two different course codes, at least one with
|Human Culture Requirements||Credit Hours|
|Social and Behavioral Science (choose two)
|Humanities (choose one)
|The Arts (choose one)||3|
|Public Affairs Requirements||Credit Hours|
|US and MO Constitutions and American History
PLS 101 American Democracy and Citizenship
|US History (choose one)||3|
|Cultural Competence (choose one)
EDU 250 Foundations of American Education
|Total General Education Requirements||Credit Hours|
|Institutional Requirements||Credit Hours|
|EDU 150 Introduction to Teaching||1|
|Capstone Course (choose one)
|Note: EDU 150 is required for some secondary education and STEM degrees. Please consult with an advisor at the transfer institution to determine requirements.|
|Total Institutional Required Hours:||3-4|
- * Students who transfer to Missouri State-Springfield before completing their Associate of Arts in Teaching degree may find these classes will not satisfy the Public Issues requirement.
- Some four-year institutions may require a minimum grade for teacher education courses or other courses. Please consult with an advisor at the transfer institution to determine requirements.
- If planning to teach secondary mathematics, please consult your advisor for a replacement course for MTH 220
|Teacher Education Core Requirements||Credit Hours|
|EDU 202 Teaching Profession with Field Experience||3|
|EDU 260 Educational Psychology||3|
|EDU 265 Instructional Applications of Technology and Media||3|
|MTH 220 Foundations of Mathematics for Teachers||3|
|Teacher Education Core Total||12|
|Teaching (AAT) Degree||Credit Hours|
|Total Hours Required:||60|
- Four-year transfer institutions may have additional requirements, including higher GPA or MoGEA scores. Students are encouraged to work closely with an advisor from the receiving institution so they may understand and prepare to meet all entrance requirements.
- Students that do not achieve passing scores on the MoGEA or that do not have the minimum GPAs may meet the requirements for the Associate of Arts in General Studies degree.