Transferring Credit Earned in High School

Bringing college credit with you to MSU-WP

Missouri State-West Plains recognizes several credit by exam programs and grants credit for certain military experiences, dual credit programs, and college courses taken at regionally accredited colleges or universities.

How dual credit transfers

Want to know how your college credit earned through dual credit will transfer? Try out our Transfer Equivalency Self Service tool to see how the courses you've already taken fit into our degree programs. 

Submitting your transcript

We need your official transcripts from each college- in addition to your high school transcript- before your transfer credit evaluation will be complete.

Request that your official transcript be sent to:

Admissions Office
Missouri State University-West Plains
128 Garfield Ave.
West Plains, MO 65775

If you earned college credit through the Missouri State dual credit program, you do not need to request a transcript. Your credit will already be on your Missouri State record, and your advisor will have that information when you come to STAR orientation.

See our transfer credit policy for details.

Credit by exam

College credit earned through credit by exam programs may count toward degree requirements and allow you to take advanced courses earlier. See our transfer policy for the programs we recognize.

Military credit and credit by examination courses do not carry a letter grade and do not impact your GPA. 

We cannot transfer credit from another college or university for a credit by exam course. You must request that original score reports from your credit by exams be sent directly to the office of admissions at Missouri State-West Plains.