Missouri State University-West Plains encourages all members of its campus community to get vaccinated for COVID-19.
Missouri State-West Plains students can win prizes – including free tuition, computers and more – by getting vaccinated against COVID-19.
One student will win one year of free tuition and fees, and four students will be selected to receive $1,000 off tuition or room and board.
Seven students will receive prizes valued $100 - $500.
Qualify for prizes
Students who have received at least one dose of the vaccine can enter to be included in the prize drawings.
Students have until Aug. 26, 2021, to enter for one of seven prizes ranging between $100 - $500. These prizes will be given away at Convocation on Friday, Aug. 27, 2021:
- Roku Streaming device
- Grizzly Backpack loaded with supplies
- $200 Grizz Gear Shopping Spree
- Apple Airpods Pro
- Nintendo Switch
- Two students will win a $500 Grizz Gear Shopping Spree
Grand prize drawing
Students who are vaccinated and complete the entry form by Sept. 26, 2021, will be eligible to receive one of eight grand prizes.
Every student who has been vaccinated and completes the entry form will be entered to win a grand prize, even if they've won a prior prize.
Grand prizes include:
- Four students will win $1,000 for Tuition or Room and Board
- Three students will win a Dell Inspiron Laptop
- One student will win one year of tuition and fees ($4,560 value) OR $2,500 cash
- Students must have received at least one dose of the vaccine by the close of business on the day prior to the drawing.
- Students must register through the point and click system.
- Missouri State-West Plains students must be enrolled for at least one course for the fall 2021 semester at the close of business the day prior to the drawing. Students winning a grand prize must still be enrolled for at least one course on Sept. 27, 2021.
- Students awarded a grand prize are not eligible for additional grand prizes.
- Students taking dual credit courses only are not eligible.
- Students who are also a benefit-eligible employee of Missouri State University or Missouri State University-West Plains are not eligible.
- If a student accepts the cash prize in lieu of the grand prize, it will first apply to any outstanding balance of their student account prior to the remaining balance being distributed.
- Anyone who receives any prize valued at $600 or more will receive an IRS 1099 form and will be responsible for the taxes on the gift.
- International students who receive any prize will receive an IRS 1042 form and will be responsible for the taxes on the gift.
- Some prizes may affect a student’s financial aid package.
- Prizes are not transferable.
- Students who accept a prize agree to allow their name and/or likeness to be used to publicly announce their prize status.