Article I: Name
The name of this organization is the Missouri State University-West Plains chapter of the American Association of University Professors (AAUP or the Association) (abbreviated MSU-WP AAUP)
Article II: Purposes
The purposes of this chapter are to:
- Support the policies and goals of the Association as set forth in Article 1 of the AAUP constitution, and in all matters act in harmony with the principles and procedures of national Association and its constitution;
- Facilitate the cooperation of teachers and research scholars in universities and colleges, and in professional schools of similar grade, for the promotion of the interests of higher education and research, and in general to increase the usefulness and advance the standards, ideals, and welfare of the profession.
- Defend academic freedom at Missouri State University-West Plains and throughout academe;
- Encourage faculty participation in governance at Missouri State University-West Plains;
- Protect and advance the professional status and interests of all faculty;
- Facilitate the dissemination of information on higher education principles and practices;
- Inform the academic community about AAUP standards and policy statements; and
- Develop necessary and proper chapter programs for the accomplishment of the aforementioned purposes.
In furtherance of the purposes described above, but not in limitation thereof, the chapter shall have power to conduct studies; to disseminate statistics and other information; to engage in appropriate fundraising activities; to conduct promotional activities, including advertising and publicity, in or by any suitable manner of media; to hold such property as is necessary to accomplish its purposes; and to employ individuals to further its purposes under Article II. This chapter is organized and operated for the above stated purposes, and for other nonprofit purposes. No part of its assets, income, or profits shall be distributable to, or inure to the benefit of, any individual, except in consideration of services rendered.