General Education Goals (GEG)
Learning Outcome: The ability to use language systems to share meaning.
- Report ideas utilizing the written method
- Express information orally
- Construct messages using electronic media
Learning Outcome: The ability to evaluate and solve problems.
- Analyze strengths and weaknesses of conclusions
- Analyze information from a variety of sources for application to a situation
- Employ problem-solving processes to recommend a quality solution
- Evaluate the ethical implications of an action or policy
Learning Outcome: The ability to collect and organize information from various sources.
- Locate sources of information
- Evaluate information for its currency, utility, validity and accuracy
- Organize information in a logical and consistent manner
- Present information in a clear and concise manner
Learning Outcome: The ability to work with others to accomplish a task or create a product.
- Work with a team to accomplish a goal or task through coordinated effort or division of labor
- Work with others to create a new idea or product
Learning Outcome: The ability to understand various perspectives and cultures throughout a global society.
- Develop an understanding of how each person's actions relate to events beyond the local community
- Compare economic systems, political systems, cultural heritage, religion or ethnic backgrounds
- Discover differences that exist among cultural value sets through research or experience
- Analyze the role of the United States in the world and its impact