Information for students (March 30)
West Plains has issued a stay-at-home order that went into effect March 28. As a result, Missouri State-West Plains has adapted its campus operations to comply.
Get the latest details on classes, services, commencement and a student help hotline.
Information about stay-at-home order (March 27)
Officials with the City of West Plains issued a stay-at-home order .
The university has already taken steps for employees who can perform their jobs remotely to work from home. We will now transition the majority of employees to a work-from-home arrangement and move many services online.
COVID-19 Update to Faculty and Staff (March 27)Access the March 27th message to faculty and staff.
Academic Dean's Message to MSU-WP Students (March 27)Access the Academic Dean's March 27th message to students.
Chancellor’s Message to MSU-WP Employees (March 25)Access the chancellor's March 25th message to faculty and staff.
Important information for MSU-WP faculty and staff
Access the president's March 19th message to faculty and staff.
Updated 8:15 a.m. March 17, 2020
MSU-WP’s Spring break extended one week; all in-person classes move to alternative delivery on March 30
Beginning March 30, in-person classes at the West Plains campus and Shannon Hall facility in Mountain Grove will be provided through alternative means.
Spring break will be extended through March 27 for Missouri State-West Plains students to allow additional time for faculty to prepare alternate methods of course delivery. You will be contacted by your faculty members prior to March 30 with details for each of your scheduled courses.
We are eager to return to the normal business of Missouri State-West Plains as soon as the risk to those around us has been reduced to levels that can be accommodated by the nation’s health care systems. By taking these steps now, our goal is to resume our regular schedules for the fall semester.
To be clear, starting March 30, the university will cease offering in-person instruction for the spring semester. Alternative methods will be used to deliver your courses.
Two points of clarification: The additional week of spring break also applies to existing online courses. The semester is NOT being extended at the end.
- Unless otherwise directed, the campuses in West Plains and Mountain Grove will remain open.
- Residence halls (Grizzly House and Grizzly Lofts) will remain open to those who must be on campus. Social distancing arrangements will be made. Modified dining options will be provided.
- Students electing to move out of residence halls should contact the Director of Residence Life Cory Neal to schedule a time to move out.
- Access to the library and computer labs will remain available on a modified schedule for students who need to use these resources to complete coursework. Arrangements are being made to ensure social distancing is observed in these spaces.
- The Student Recreation Center will be closed until further notice. It will, however, be opened to the community for sheltering purposes in the event of a tornado warning.
- All non-academic and student events scheduled through the end of the semester are cancelled. This includes SGA and other student organization meetings and events (including Celebration of Leaders and the Sports Banquet).
- Commencement will proceed; although, the date and details of the ceremonies are subject to change.
Student employment and financial aid
- Student employees – your supervisor will reach out to you to discuss your employment.
- Graduate assistants – your supervisor will contact you to discuss your work.
- Student internships and practicums– continuation of your internships and practicums will be directed by your host institution or organization. If it is terminated as a result of precautionary steps taken for COVID-19, please update your faculty advisor or department on the situation.
- The financial aid office will be open if you have questions regarding work-study or other related topics.
In alignment with city and county directives, all campus meetings, events and conferences exceeding 50 people are cancelled or postponed.
Please refer to our calendar of events for additional details.
Additional information to come
More information regarding classes will be available next week – including course deadlines, registration, etc.