Students are expected to complete the courses for which they register. Failure to properly drop from classes may result in the assignment of 'F' grades for those classes.
Students who wish to withdraw from all courses for a given semester should review the withdrawal procedure.
Prior to the beginning of the semester and during the change of schedule period (See Refund Schedule): Adds, drops and section changes may be accomplished using My Grizzly Den web registration procedures, or by contacting the office of registration and records via BearPass Email or in person. Students who owe additional fees as a result of adding a class are responsible for making arrangement to pay those fees immediately. Failure to do so may result in cancellation of classes. A 'W' will be assigned for classes dropped after change of schedule period until the drop period is over.
Students should use the drop procedure judiciously, as numerous 'W' grades on the transcript may be construed by some to indicate an inability of the individual to persist when challenged. 'W' grade may impact financial aid in future semesters as they are counted as an attempted course when calculating 'pace'., as well as A+ status. Always check with financial aid before dropping or withdrawing from the University.
A course may be dropped during the change of schedule period without a notation being made on the students permanent record. The instructor is notified of the drop by the office of registration and records if the drop is processed through My Grizzly Den. Students may not drop courses in which they have been accused of an act of academic dishonesty unless cleared of such charges. A student may not withdraw from the University via My Grizzly Den. The last class to be dropped must be processed by registration and records office by directly contacting the office via University email or in person. A withdrawal form may also be printed from our website and be mailed in to the office:
Missouri State University-West Plains
Registration & Records
128 Garfield Ave.
West Plains, MO 65775
To drop a course after the change of schedule period:
Students must follow the procedures outlined below:
- Students obtain a Change of Schedule form from the office of registration and records and enter the information on the form.
- Students take the completed form to the office of registration and records. A change of schedule is not official until received and processed by the office of registration and records.
- If you are dropping all courses, see the Withdrawal Policy.
- All dropped classes will be effective immediately.
- Using BearPass Email, send a message to the office of registration and records requesting that you are dropped from a course(s). Please send message to WPRR@missouristate.edu
- The office of registration and records posts the change of schedule to the record.
- If all courses are dropped, see the Withdrawal Policy.
- All dropped classes will be effective as per date on request after being processed in the office of registration and records.
- Students may drop courses via the web by using My Grizzly Den. You may not drop all of your courses online.
- If you are dropping all courses, see the Withdrawal Policy
- Instructor/advisor will be notified of all dropped classes. They will have 48 hours to contact the student or approve dropped class.
- All dropped classes will be effective as per original date of drop request after being processed in the office of registration and records.
The last day to drop a Dalian branch campus course is the last day of the 9th week of classes.
The last day to drop on the West Plains campus is typically during the final two weeks of classes. (See the Academic Calendar.)