Missouri State University-West Plains strongly encourages students to vote.
Students and members of the MSU-West Plains community can register to vote at the Dean of Student Services office, Lybyer 208. Please bring a photo ID. Or please contact the County Clerk's office for the county in which you claim permanent residence to register for future elections.
Voter Registration Information
- 17 ½ years old to register; 18 years old by Election Day to vote;
- US Citizen and
- Missouri Resident
No person shall be entitled to vote:
- While confined under a sentence of imprisonment;
- While on probation or parole after the conviction of a felony or
- After conviction of a felony or misdemeanor connected with voting or the right of suffrage.
Where to Register to Vote
Missourians can register to vote:
- By filling out the Missouri Voter Registration Application;
- At the office of the local election authority – Local Election Authority Contact Information or
- At any Department of Motor Vehicles office or state agency providing a service to the public (WIC, Social Services, etc.).
If you do not live in Missouri check out this link to registrar. www.usa.gov/register-to-vote