Official Partners of the SBTDC
- U.S. Small Business Administration
- University of Missouri Extension
- Missouri State University-Springfield
- Missouri State University-West Plains
- Missouri Procurement Technical Assistance Centers
- Missouri Small Business & Technology Development Centers
- America's Small Business Development Centers Network
- SCORE - Counselors to America's Small Business
The SBTDC is funded in part through a cooperative agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA). All opinions, conclusions or recommendations expressed are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the SBA. Programs are extended to the public on a non- discriminatory basis. Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities will be made if requested at least two weeks in advance. Contact Bronwen Madden, SBTDC Coordinator, 110 Saint Louis St., West Plains, MO 65775 or (417) 255-7966 to make arrangements.
Small Business Resource Partners
U.S. Small Business Administration Resource Partners that also serve the South Central Missouri Ozarks region include the organizations below.
SBA Regional Offices support local district offices and work to advocate economic development, growth and competitiveness within their geographic area. Region VII serves Iowa, Kansas, Missouri and Nebraska.
SBA District Offices offer counseling, training and business development specialists to help you start and grow your business. The Kansas City District Office serves Douglas, Howell, Ozark, Texas and Wright counties. The Saint Louis District Office serves Shannon and Oregon counties.
The SBA Branch Office in Springfield is the closest office to the South Central Missouri Ozarks Region. It is located at 830 East Primrose, Suite 101, Springfield, MO 65807. Call Suzanne Stearman, Branch Manager, at 417-890-8501 for assistance.
SBA Disaster Field Offices offer counseling and financial assistance to those who are rebuilding their homes and businesses after natural disasters.
Certified Development Company
Certified Development Companies (CDCs) are nonprofit corporations certified and regulated by the SBA, which work with participating lenders to provide financing to small businesses.
Manufacturers Extension Partnership
The National Institute of Standards and Technology’s Hollings Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP) works with small and mid-sized U.S. manufacturers to help them create and retain jobs, increase profits, and save time and money. The MEP for Missouri is Missouri Enterprise. Call Russell Humphrey, Area Business Manager, at 314-434-6300 for assistance.
Procurement Technical Assistance Center
Procurement & Technical Assistance Centers (PTACs) provide technical assistance to businesses that want to sell products and services to federal, state, and/or local governments. The West Plains PTAC is hosted by the Howell County MU Extension Center.
SCORE is a nonprofit association comprised of over 13,000 volunteer business counselors, advisors, and mentors who offer free counseling and mentoring throughout the U.S. and its territories. The Springfield Chapter serves the South Central Missouri Ozarks region. Email a Mentor or Request a Meeting
West Plains Rotary Club Mentors
Rotary is a local, national, and international service organization made up of area professionals that use service above self to complete local, national, and international projects. One of our local projects is mentoring area entrepreneurs to help them make sound business decisions and grow their business. Click here for more information.
- Robert (Bob) D. Case - Business Development & Tax Incentives
- Gabriel (Gabe) Chambers - Accounting/Budget, Bookkeeping/Payroll, & Tax Planning
- Crystal Cook - Advertising & Marketing/Sales
- Kevin Gleghorn - Business Retirement & Financial Advising
- Reid Grigsby - Customer Relations, Managing a Business & Marketing/Sales
- Michael Hoff - Cash Flow Management & Financing/Capital
- Eric Judd - Cash Flow Management & Financing/Capital
- Bronwen Madden - Business Planning, Start-Up Assistance, & International Trade
- Carol Silvey - Nonprofit Organizations & Strategic Planning
- John (Jay) N. Wiles II, JD - Business Structures & Legal Issues
U.S. Export Assistance Center
U.S. Export Assistance Centers (USEACs) are designed to provide export assistance and make worldwide commerce achievable for your small- or medium-sized business. The St. Louis U.S. Export Assistance Center services the South Central Missouri Ozarks Region. Click here to visit their website.
International Trade Specialist by Industry Sector:
- Cory Simek (314-260-3782): Education; Travel and Tourism; Publishing, Media and Entertainment
- Chris Poli (314-260-3783): Industrial Equipment and Supplies; Automotive and Ground Transportation; Information and Communication Technologies; Business, Professional and Technical Services
- Kristi Wiggins (314-260-3787): Health Technologies and Bioscience; Architecture, Engineering and Construction; Energy; Finance and Insurance
- Margaret Gottlieb (314-260-3786): Food Processing and Packaging; Agribusiness; Environmental Technologies; Textiles, Apparel and Sporting Goods
- Warren Anderson (314-260-3785): Aerospace and Defense; Consumer Goods and Home Furnishings; Security and Safety
Veteran's Business Outreach Center
Veterans Business Outreach Centers (VBOCs) are designed to provide entrepreneurial development services and referrals for eligible veterans owning or considering starting a small business. In Missouri, the VBOC is the Veterans Business Resource Center located in St. Louis and Kansas City.
Women's Business Center
Women's Business Centers (WBCs) represent a national network of educational centers designed to assist women to start and grow small businesses. In Missouri, the WBC is the Grace Hill's Women's Development Center/Grace Hill Settlement House located in St. Louis.