Your Responsibilities

You must complete a Veteran Registration Form with this office every semester to continue receiving money. This form must be completed and submitted to this office after the registration process.

  • In order to comply with laws governing the GI Bill, it is your responsibility as a student to notify Veteran Services of your status with the University.
  • You must inform Veteran Services when you: add or drop a class; change your major; change your address; or withdraw from the University.
  • The DVA will not pay for the repeat of satisfactorily completed courses, except under special circumstances.
  • If you do not make satisfactory academic progress and are suspended by the University, your GI Bill benefits cannot be resumed until you have met the University's requirements for reinstatement.

Your GI Bill may be terminated if you do not comply with the regulations stated above.

For more information regarding admission to Missouri State University-West Plains, Contact:

Admissions Office
Missouri State University-West Plains
128 Garfield
West Plains, MO 65775
Phone: (417) 255-7955
Toll free: (888) 466-7897

Military personnel helping those in need.