The following resources are available for facility signage, shielding guidelines, hand sanitizer stations, custodial services and cleaning materials.
Facility Signage and Sanitizing Resources
In response to COVID-19, the West Plains campus has adapted the guidelines provided by Planning, Design and Construction in regards to the shielding guidelines that are similar in strategies to those currently installed at most retail establishments in our community.
To supplement handwashing, additional hand sanitizer stations will be placed at building entrances and throughout building common areas as appropriate to building use, population density, and traffic patterns. Modifications will be made to accommodate events and other special circumstances as the need arises.
In an effort to prevent the transmission of COVID-19 throughout the campus community, the University is issuing the following guidelines regarding cleaning and disinfecting.
Disinfecting for health continues to be a priority for custodial teams. In response to COVID-19, cleaning frequencies have been revised to place more time and emphasis on public, high-touch spaces.
- Lounges, auditoriums, kitchens, conference rooms, break rooms, locker rooms, and restrooms will be cleaned and disinfected daily.
- Classrooms will be disinfected up to three times in each 24-hour period, Monday-Thursday, dependent on the schedule of each classroom. Classrooms will be closed at certain times to allow for disinfecting. Schedules for classrooms will be available through EMS and posted in each classroom by Building Coordinators at the beginning of each semester.
- In workout areas and weight rooms, disinfecting products will be available for users to disinfect equipment before and after use. Schedules for workout facilities and spaces will be modified to allow staff members to disinfect the areas.
- In all buildings, custodial will focus on high touch surfaces including push and pull plates, door knobs, hand rails, entrances, push and pull partitions, desks and table tops, light switches, sink faucet handles, soap, toilet paper, and towel dispensers, water fountains, elevator buttons, vending machines, etc.
- Hospital grade disinfectants EPA registered for use against SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) will be used.
- In order to increase cleaning frequencies in public, high-touch spaces, and classrooms; other modifications may be necessary. In E&G facilities, service in office areas will be once a week or as needed, and floor care in public areas will be completed on an as needed basis. Special circumstances or events necessitating a modification to this schedule should be communicated through a Work Request for review by the Physical Plant or by calling the Physical Plant at (417) 255-2768.
Custodial teams will continue to monitor and revise their plan to meet the needs and support the safety of students, faculty, staff, and guests.
Cleaning materials such as gloves, disinfectant in spray bottles, paper towels, disinfectant wipes, and hand sanitizer can be provided to a department for those who are interested and would like to supplement the work being done by custodial teams. Requests can be made by submitting a work request found by clicking the link below. Please specify in the work order the product you would like to obtain and the quantity.
Departments may also purchase items from an outside vendor, but before doing so must contact the Physical Plant to ensure the item or product meets current cleaning guidelines. Purchases can be made via work request or by calling the Physical Plant at 417-255-7268.