August, 12, 2020; revised February 10, 2021
In an effort to prevent the transmission of COVID-19 throughout the campus community, the University is implementing the following policy governing when employees may return to campus and/or resume University-related travel.
General precautions and employee testing requirements
All employees should take precautions to mitigate the spread of coronavirus, including:
- Frequent hand washing with soap and water or with hand sanitizer
- Maintain at least 6 feet of distance from others
- Cover coughs and sneezes
- Get vaccinated when available
Employee Testing Requirements
Employees may not come to campus if they have experienced any of the following:
- Have tested positive for COVID-19 and have not met current CDC guidance to be released from isolation.
- Have had close contact within the last 14 days with a known COVID-19 positive person.
- Have had any of the following symptoms of COVID-19 within the last 14 days that is unexplained: *
- Fever or chills,
- shortness of breath or difficulty breathing,
- muscle pain or body aches,
- sore throat,
- new loss of taste or smell,
- nausea or vomiting,
*Such employees will not be permitted to return to campus unless and until they have undergone testing for COVID-19, received results indicating that they are negative for COVID-19 infection, and provided documentation of such results to their supervisor. Alternatively, an employee may present documentation from a health care provider indicating that they have been approved to return to campus.
Employees must follow CDC guidance upon returning from international travel.
Pre-COVID-19 processes will resume for university travel within the state of Missouri.
Chancellor must establish an approval process for university travel outside the state of Missouri. The Dean of Academic Affairs will establish the approval process to be followed by all academic departments. Such processes will provide an opportunity for cost centers to review the expense and health and safety risks associated with a particular trip or out-of-state event.
Testing requirements for employees returning from international travel are set forth above.
This policy goes into effect on February 10, 2021 and supersedes all prior university rules and policies on the subjects covered herein. All provisions of this policy will be in effect through June 30, 2021 unless otherwise set forth herein.