What if I have trouble transferring? Is there anything I can do?

How course work transfers to a school is the decision of the receiving institution. However, most institutions will work with you if you have a legitimate concern about transferability of specific courses. You have the right to appeal a denial of transfer credit at the receiving institution. Policies for appeals should be in the catalog. Often, the receiving institution will request a course description and/or a copy of the syllabus for each course that you appeal so that the faculty can evaluate your course work.