Frequently Asked Questions About Faculty

If I stop attending all of my classes, will my instructors just automatically drop me?

No. You must initiate the withdrawal process in their office of registration and records, (417) 255-7979, in Cass Hall; otherwise, you will receive 'F' grades. Student eligibility for federal financial aid can be affected by non-attendance of classes for with federal funds were awarded and may result in student repayment of some of those programs.

What should I do if an instructor takes roll and doesn't read my name?

Please notify the instructor immediately of this situation and also contact the office of registration and records, (417) 255-7979, in Cass Hall.

I don't like my instructor. What should I do?

Talk to your academic advisor about coping strategies for different teaching styles. Realize you will not like all instructors, but you can learn from any instructor if you put your mind to it. However, if you feel your instructor is being unethical or treating you unfairly, you have the right to file a complaint with the department head or division chair.