Call to order – 9:00 AM
- Mission: Missouri State University-West Plains is a teaching and learning institution providing quality post-secondary educational opportunities to the communities, we serve.
- Additions and Approval of Agenda
- Approval of minutes from previous meeting
Administration Council Updates
- Prioritize hiring (Physics Instructor or Per-Course Faculty/History Assistant Professor/Instructional Designer) since budget is limited.
- Enrollment down in terms of credit hours.
- Faculty Senate website is available. Please visit https://wp.missouristate.edu/facultysenate/ Your feedback is welcome.
- Faculty Senate Finance – Jerry Trick
- American Association of University Professors (AAUP) Summer Developments and updates on forthcoming retreat at West Plains – Jason McCollom
- Common Reader Updates – Alex Pinnon
- IDS Updates – Jerry Trick
- Salary benchmark – Ed Birdyshaw
- Divisional Personnel Committee (DPC) – Faculty Senate needs to decide a point person/committee to oversee Reappointment, Promotion and Tenure (RPT) process – Cathy Boys (also Dennis Lancaster)
- Faculty professional ethics and due process – Renee Moore
- At-risk students and 'Grizzly Guard' – Michelle Branton
- Attendance tracking and administrative withdrawal. – Judy Carr & Frank Anthony Priest
- Academic Concerns – Cindy Smith
- Assessment – Amy Ackerson
- Curriculum – Joyce Jennings-Pineda
- Faculty Budget Priorities – Ed Birdyshaw
- Faculty Evaluation – Craig Albin
- Faculty Handbook – Kip Rugutt
- Public Affairs – Gary Phillips
- Student Advisement – Jerry Trick
- Institutional Analysis – Kathy Morrison/Joyce Jennings-Pineda
- Service Learning – Cathy Boys
- International Issues – Rajiv Thakur
- The P-Card Travel Procedures have been revised.
- Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) – Jacob Poulette
- South Central Ozark Council of Governments (SCOCOG)'s Geography/ Regional Planning Paid Internship (flyer available) – Rajiv Thakur
- K-12 Summer Institute (Globalization and Diversity in classroom) at Missouri State-West Plains in 2017. – Rajiv Thakur
- American Association of Geographers (AAG) West Lakes Division Annual Regional Meeting of 2017 to be likely hosted by Missouri State-West Plains. – Rajiv Thakur
- Faculty leave benefits are changing: Over the summer, the Board of Governors approved a new policy for faculty sick leave.
- Sept. 12-19 Public Affairs Week - opinions on streaming portions to West Plains
- Dennis Lancaster out from Tuesday noon through Friday for Governor's Economic Development Conference in Kansas City (No Dean Updates).
- Inspirational Recruiting Video (Draft Screening) Feel free to provide your inputs to Paul or Cheryl Caldwell – Paul Majkut
- Manufacturing (MFG) Day Expo – recruiting manufacturers to participate in the expo. Reception will be held October 6, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. MFG Day is October 7.
- Restaurant Management and Food Safety Seminar is September 19, 3:00 to 5:00 p.m.
- Natural Sciences Career Presentation, September 13, 2016 at 5:30 to 7:00 p.m., Melton 112. (Represented by departments such as Biology, Biomedical Science, Physics, Geology and Geography)
- TBA after Chancellor's update.
Next Meeting: Friday October 7, 2016 at 9:00 AM - 12:00 Noon (with Dean's update).