General Education Goals (GEG)
Learning Outcome Goal: To develop students' effective use of the language systems essential to their success in school and in the world. Students should be able to read and listen critically, to write and speak with thoughtfulness. Students will demonstrate the ability to…
- Communicate ideas and share information effectively utilizing the written method
- Effectively communicate ideas and share information orally
- Communicate digitally using a variety of media effectively
Learning Outcome Goal: To develop students' ability to distinguish among various levels of abstraction, identify underlying assumptions, make informed judgments and to solve problems by applying processes and evaluative standards. Students will demonstrate the ability to…
- Analyze strengths and weaknesses of conclusions or solutions; attack or defend using relevant evidence and reasoned argument
- Analyze and synthesize information from a variety of sources for application to a situation
- Employ problem-solving processes
Learning Outcome Goal: To develop students' abilities to locate organize, store, retrieve, evaluate, synthesize and annotate information from print, electronic and other sources in preparation for solving problems and making informed decisions. Students will demonstrate the ability to…
- Locate and retrieve sources of information
- Evaluate information for its currency, utility, validity and accuracy
- Organize information in a logical and consistent manner
- Present information in a clear and concise manner
Learning Outcome Goal: To develop students' abilities to understand the moral and ethical values of a diverse society and to understand that many courses of action are guided by value judgments. Students should be able to make informed decisions. Students will demonstrate the ability to…
- Demonstrate awareness of differences that exist among cultural value sets
- Demonstrate understanding of how and why value sets develop
- Recognize the consequences of one's actions guided by a value set
- Realize value of a group by experiencing its culture
Learning Outcome Goal: To develop students' understanding of their place in a global society with increasingly interconnected issues that are economic, political, environmental and cultural; students must understand the complexities of the global community that will be their future. Students will demonstrate the ability to…
- Demonstrate an understanding of how each person's actions relate to events beyond the local community.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the differences in cultures through comparison of economic systems, political systems, cultural heritage, religion or ethnic backgrounds.
- Demonstrate an understanding of how one's perception of history shapes perspective and policy of individuals and cultures.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the role of the United States in the world and its impact on international problems.