Frequently Asked Questions About Housing

How do I get information about University housing?

University housing is a year-long (fall/spring) contractual obligation between a resident and the University. Reservations for University housing are confirmed on a first-come, first-serve basis with contracts becoming available in January for the following year. A full description of University housing and the application process can be found at the housing website. Contact the office of student life and development, (417) 255-7233, in Putnam Student Center.

What should I do if I'm not getting along with my roommate?

Roommate assignments are made by the coordinator of student life and development based on applicant answers to questions listed on the housing contract. It is understood that roommate conflicts occur; however, if a resident and his/her roommate cannot work out differences between themselves they are asked to contact the Grizzly House resident assistants for assistance. The coordinator of student life and development may also become involved to help determine a solution that is beneficial to all parties. If there is no resolution to be found, and if space is available, then a move may be possible. The Grizzly House typically has no vacancies, so room moves are rare.