COVID-19 MOVE-IN REQUIREMENTS:
COVID safety continues as an integral part of the campus experience. Every student moving into the residence halls must meet one of the four criteria below prior to being allowed to check in.
- Be fully vaccinated at the time of check-in. Students are considered fully vaccinated when it has been at least two weeks since receiving the second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine or two weeks after the single dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine. Students who elect to receive the single dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine must be able to provide documentation stating that their vaccination was administered on or before August 7, 2021. Vaccination will be confirmed through the state ShowMeVax platform. If you received a vaccination in another state or country, please be prepared to show your proof of vaccination at check in.
For more information on locating a vaccine near you, please feel free to visit Missouri's vaccine navigator.
*Students who have received at least one dose of the vaccine can enter to be included in the prize drawings. For more information about the student vaccination incentive program, please click on the following link: https://wp.missouristate.edu/Coronavirus/student-vaccination-incentive-program.htm
- Have been diagnosed with and recovered from COVID-19 within 90 days of check-in. If you were diagnosed with COVID-19 within 90 days of check-in, documentation must be emailed to email@example.com at least 24 hours prior to your arrival. The university will accept either a dated copy of the positive test result OR a dated copy of the isolation release letter from your local public health department. Documentation must include: student’s name and date the test was taken, which must not be more than 90 days prior to arrival OR the date the student was released from isolation, which must not be more than 90 days prior to check-in.
- Have tested negative for COVID-19 within 72 hours of arrival with a PCR COVID-19 test. You are allowed to get tested prior to your arrival. If you do, documentation of the results must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 24 hours prior to your arrival. Documentation MUST meet specific criteria, including: showing it was a PCR test (antigen tests are not accepted), has the student’s name, the date the test was taken (NOT the date results are received) and that the test was administered not more than 72 hours prior to arrival.
- Get COVID-19 tested on arrival to check-in. Anyone not meeting the criteria above WILL BE required to receive a COVID-19 test at the Burton Creek Medical Center located in West Plains at no cost to the student. Burton Creek is open during the following hours:
- Thursday: 7:00 am – 7:00 pm
- Friday: 7:00 am – 7:00 pm
- Saturday: 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Sunday: 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Please plan your arrival accordingly as students who fail to meet the criteria above will not be granted access to university housing.