All individuals may exercise the right of assembly, free speech and expression throughout the outdoor areas of campus, when doing so does not disrupt the academic mission or daily University functions. Accordingly, Missouri State University-West Plains will be governed by the Expressive Activity Policy (http://www.missouristate.edu/policy/g5_02_expressiveactivity.htm) that governs the Missouri State University Springfield campus. On the West Plains campus, the following three locations are most appropriate for forums, rallies, demonstrations and other similar activities:
- The outdoor, concrete basketball and recreation area adjacent to the Student Recreation Center and Grizzly House residence hall;
- The grassy area between Looney Hall and Garnett Library and
- The open, grassy area west of and adjacent to Gohn Hall.
Individuals are not restricted to these locations for expressive activities. Priority to use these locations will be as follows:
- Members of the University community with a reservation
- Other individuals or groups with a reservation
- Members of the University community without a reservation on a first-come, first-serve basis
- Other individuals or groups without a reservation on a first-come, first-serve basis
Any individual may reserve one of these locations through the office of student life and development (128 Garfield Ave., (417) 255-7233). Forums, rallies, demonstrations and other similar expressive activities conducted by individuals and groups that are not members of the University community must be registered with the office of student life and development. The University encourages everyone to coordinate with the office of student life and development before conducting expressive activity on campus so appropriate arrangements can be made. The identified public forum locations are available for use or reservation by non-University individuals and groups. Access to the identified public forum locations is provided on a content neutral basis. Any denial of access will specify the reasons for which registration is denied and offer an appeal procedure.