In an effort to clarify the University's commitment to the University Community Principle of practicing personal and academic integrity, the following procedures are utilized to avoid false, erroneous or misleading statements about key University functions and programs.
Nature of Education Program
- Each University staff member is evaluated annually for ethical behavior and integrity and professionally representing the University in all interactions with others using our Appraisal and Development Plan process.
- Each faculty member is evaluated both through student evaluation and peer evaluation annually. Faculty members have an expectation of conducting themselves according to the ethical standards of the American Association of University Professors and the adopted Faculty Handbook.
- The Code of Student Rights governs the expected behavior for students. Academic integrity and honesty are the foundation of the University community. Students are expected to practice academic integrity in all assigned work. Students are expected to be honest in all interactions with other students, faculty and staff.
- The admissions personnel of Missouri State University-West Plains are members of AACRAO and follow the principle to conduct themselves with integrity, fairness, honesty and respect for others, as well as the requirement to dispense complete, accurate, understandable and truthful information and advice at all times.
- Campus wide publications are approved through the following process:
- Request for information/marketing by department
- University communications prepares marketing piece, news article, advertisement, etc. as requested
- University department reviews all information for accuracy prior to publication
- Missouri State University-West Plains is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC), (800) 621-7440, and as such is required to provide evidence of Ethical and Responsible Conduct. See the HLC Self Study.
Nature of Financial Charges
- All University fees must be approved through the following process:
- Approval of the Missouri State University-West Plains Executive Budget Committee
- Approval of the Missouri State University-West Plains Administrative Council
- Submission, review and approval by the Missouri State University Board of Governors
- Board resolution related to student fees is posted in its entirety on the University Board of Governors website.
Employability of Graduates
Assisting students in pursuit of employment is done through the career services office. Career services provides a variety of programs designed to assist students in securing employment. Updated information can be located on the career services website.