Withdrawal Procedures

Procedures for Withdrawal from the University

Withdrawal Request Form

Students withdrawing from the University should initiate the withdrawal process through their BearPass Email account (include BearPass Number and semester of withdrawal) online or with the office of registration and records.

Note: Beginning in Fall 2022, students may withdraw from the University through My Grizzly Den.

If a student withdraws a grade of 'W' will be assigned for each course if withdrawn before the last day to do so.

The last day for withdrawing from school is approximately the last week of class. See the Academic Calendar for specific date.

Withdrawal dates for summer and intersession sessions are different. Contact the office of registration and records for those dates.

Withdrawal is not complete until the office of registration and records has processed the paperwork.

Administrative Withdrawal Policy

Students will be administratively withdrawn for the following circumstances:

  • Reported as Never Attended by the
    • 10th class day of the 16-week or longer term
    • 7th class day of the 8-week term
    • 4th class day of the 5-week and 4-week term
    • 2nd class day of a 2-week or less term
  • Determined to have enrolled in a course without the appropriate prerequisite course
  • Are academically suspended and have not been reinstated through the academic appeal process

Student who are administratively withdrawn will have their schedule removed and tuition and fees will be refunded at 100%. However, non-tuition related charges will continue to be the responsibility of the student.