Missouri Reverse Transfer

Missouri Reverse Transfer LogoWhat is Missouri Reverse Transfer?

The process of allowing college students or former college students who have completed credits for an associate's degree to receive that degree even if they have transferred to a different college or University, or stopped out of higher education altogether.

Missouri has moved forward with a statewide policy to help more Missourians earn a degree.

For more detail information on Missouri Reverse Transfer take a look at the Missouri Department of Higher Education website.

What are the benefits?

  • Earn your associate's degree while pursuing your bachelor's degree
  • Possible career advancement with earned associate degrees
  • Qualify for more jobs
  • A degree can help you earn more money
  • Possibly meet general education requirements at your four-year transfer institution

Are you eligible?

You must have earned a minimum of 15 credit hours at a single two-year institution to be eligible for a reverse transfer degree. Students are not eligible for the program if they currently possess an associate's degree or higher.

How does Missouri State University help you with Missouri Reverse Transfer?

Missouri State will work with students to help send transcripts to our partner two-year institutions in order to facilitate the reverse transfer process.

Missouri State University-West Plains - Reverse Transfer Coordinator Contact Information:

Michelle Bryan, Registrar
Missouri State University-West Plains
Registration and Records
128 Garfield
West Plains, MO 65775

Four-Year Colleges and Reverse Transfer Coordinator Contacts:

Participating four-year colleges

Do you have questions?

Get your answers from your campus Reverse Transfer coordinator or through our FAQs (PDF 113 KB).

You need a PDF viewer similar to: Adobe® Reader® to view and print this document.

What do you need to do to participate in Reverse Transfer?

Missouri Reverse Transfer is set up so that you as the student do not have to do a lot of work. We want this to be seamless and easy. You will need to give the four-year permission to share your transcripts with your two-year college so please fill out the form and turn it into a Reverse Transfer Coordinator.