The University allows currently enrolled and readmitted/reinstated students to register well in advance of the beginning of each semester. See dates and times. New students are informed of registration opportunities with admission materials.
Any student registering for the first time or registering after an absence of two or more semesters (excluding summer) must file an application for admission.
Priority Enrollment for New Students
Students are encouraged to apply for admission early in order to complete all steps in the enrollment process and to allow time for any financial aid to be processed. Because the process is important and takes a significant amount of time, we recommend that students apply for admission by:
- June 1 for the Fall semester,
- November 1 for the Spring semester and
- April 2 for the Summer semester.
Enrollment Process: New students must complete all the following steps prior to the first day of the semester:
- Provide everything necessary (i.e., high school transcripts, college transcripts, application fee, etc.) to complete the admission process and be formally admitted
- Complete placement testing
- Attend a STAR Orientation session (or University-sanctioned equivalent) and meet with an academic advisor
- New students will register for classes during their STAR session.
A schedule of classes can be found online during the orientation program.
Any student indebted to the University for $1000 or more is not permitted to register for any succeeding semester or summer term until the indebtedness has been paid.
Students are not permitted to attend classes unless they are officially enrolled in those classes. Students whose names do not appear on a class list should contact the office of registration and records immediately at (417) 255-7979 or WPRR@MissouriState.edu.
Register for classes in My Grizzly Den!