Your Responsibilities

You must complete a Veteran Certification Form with this office every semester to continue receiving money. This form must be completed and submitted to this office after the registration process.

  • In order to comply with laws governing the GI Bill®, it is your responsibility as a student to notify Veteran Services of your status with the University.
  • You must inform Veteran Services when you: add or drop a class; change your major; change your address; or withdraw from the University.
  • The DVA will not pay for the repeat of satisfactorily completed courses, except under special circumstances.
  • If you do not make satisfactory academic progress and are suspended by the University, your GI Bill® benefits cannot be resumed until you have met the University's requirements for reinstatement.

Your GI Bill® may be terminated if you do not comply with the regulations stated above.

For more information regarding admission to Missouri State University-West Plains, Contact:

Admissions Office
Missouri State University-West Plains
128 Garfield
West Plains, MO 65775
Phone: (417) 255-7955
Toll free: (888) 466-7897

Military personnel helping those in need.

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at