The Nursing Application deadline is February 1st for the Fall RN Regular Track 2-year program and October 15th for the Spring RN Regular Track 2-year program and the LPN-to-RN Bridge 1-year program. There are 25 seats available in the RN Regular Track program. There are 2 cohorts available in the LPN Bridge program - an online cohort and a seated cohort - with 15 seats in each cohort. Start the application process early! The online nursing program application in My Grizzly Den opens up on May 1st of each year. You must be fully admitted to MSU-West Plains to apply.
All applicants will be considered competitively, based on an objective Ranking Score Computation and committee selection, on an annual basis. To be considered for acceptance into the nursing program, your applicant file must contain all required documentation by the appropriate nursing application deadline. Follow the steps below to make sure your applicant file is complete.
Current degree-seeking students do not need to repeat the University admission process.
- Apply to Missouri State University-West Plains. Office of Admissions, Cass Hall, (417) 255-7955. Applying to Missouri State University-West Plains and to the Missouri State University-West Plains nursing program are two separate processes. Prospective students may apply online. New students will receive a BearPass Number along with their Missouri State University-West Plains acceptance letter. On the Missouri State University-West Plains homepage, click on "BearPass" link at the top of the page, then the "My Grizzly Den" (the student portal) link. Click on "Get an Account" and use your BearPass Number and confirmation number - your birthday in a 6-digit format (i.e.: 043096 for 04/30/1996) - to create your account. Follow the instructions to complete your account set up. Call the Help Desk (417) 255-7995 if you need assistance. Your University application will not be processed until you have:
- Provided an official high school transcript, HiSET or GED certificate if required for admission to the University.
- Provided official transcripts from all previously attended colleges or universities if applicable.
- Former students who have not attended Missouri State University-West Plains for two full semesters will need to reapply for admission before applying to the nursing program. Call the Help Desk at (417) 255-7995 to ask for your previous login and get a temporary password in order to log into My Grizzly Den. Your BearPass Number will always remain the same.
- Apply to the Missouri State University-West Plains nursing program by logging into My Grizzly Den. (Contact the Help Desk if you need to reset your BearPass Password.) Click on the My Enrollment tab. Click on the Nursing Application link within the Student Resources channel. The application asks two questions and the rest of your information is pulled from academic records. The online Nursing Application opens up on June 1st for the upcoming year's February 1st deadline.
- If applicable, have transcripts from other nursing programs, such as Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) transcripts, sent directly to Missouri State University-West Plains, Nursing admissions office, 128 Garfield Ave., West Plains, MO 65775.
- Meet the admission criteria as set forth under Admission Eligibility.
- You will receive written notification of admission status – accepted, alternate or not accepted – by email.
All applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible to the nursing program in order to receive the benefit of application advisories from the nursing admissions office. You may also benefit from setting up a personal appointment to go over your application materials and strategy. For more information, contact the nursing admissions office in Looney Hall, Room 103, (417) 255-7739, KarlaBean@MissouriState.edu.