Missouri State-West Plains will recognize our #GrizzGrads on Saturday, May 15 in 2 modified commencement ceremonies May 15 9 a.m. and 12 p.m. at the West Plains Civic Center, 110 Saint Louis St., West Plains, MO 65775.
All ceremonies will be modified to accommodate COVID-19 protocols. Participants and guests will be physically distanced and masked.
Each graduate can invite up to 10 guests. If guests do not have a mask, one will be provided as they enter the arena. Ceremonies will not be ticketed, nor will guests be required to RSVP.
The ceremonies have been divided based on the degree being awarded.
Graduates attending the 9 a.m. event will receive the following degrees:
- Associate of Arts in General Studies
- Associate of Arts in Teaching
- Associate of Arts in Health Professions
Graduates attending the 12 p.m. ceremony include those receiving the following degrees:
- Associate of Arts in Criminology
- Associate of Arts in Child and Family Development
- Associate of Science in Agriculture
- Associate of Science in Business
- Associate of Science in Nursing
- Associate of Science in Pre-Engineering
- Associate of Science in Technology
- Associate of Applied Science in Agriculture
- Associate of Applied Science in Business
- Associate of Applied Science in Child and Family Development
- Associate of Applied Science in Computer Graphics and Programming
- Associate of Applied Science in Enology
- Associate of Applied Science in Health Information Technology
- Associate of Applied Science in Law Enforcement
- Associate of Applied Science in Viticulture
- Missouri State University-Springfield bachelor’s and master’s degrees
For important commencement details, read the message emailed to all graduation students from Dr. Orf.
Are you planning to graduate?
If so, let us know by April 15 if you want to walk in this year's ceremony.
We plan to have multiple in-person commencement ceremonies on Saturday, May 15, at the West Plains Civic Center. The number of ceremonies will depend on how many students choose to participate. Social distancing guidelines will be followed at the ceremony, so an accurate count is needed. Also, masks will be worn by all graduates and guests.
Details concerning which ceremony you will participate in and how many guests you can bring will be announced later in April to those who sign up for the ceremony. This is a firm deadline due to social distancing restrictions. We will not be able to add any graduates as participants in the ceremony after the April 15 deadline.
Apply to graduate
In order to graduate, a student must complete an Application to Graduate form. Students should apply for graduation at the time of registration for the semester in which they intend to graduate. An audit of the student's record will be made to verify graduation eligibility.
Clear all encumbrances
Student accounts must be less than $25 of all encumbrances (See Transcripts section) before diplomas and final transcripts will be released. This includes settlement of all library and parking fines, payment of graduation fee and completion of Stafford loan exit interviews. Students receiving Stafford loans while a student at Missouri State University-West Plains may contact the financial aid office, (417) 255-7243, for information on how to complete the loan exit interview. Please contact the business office, (417) 255-7260, for more information on payment of fees.
Phi Theta Kappa members and Darr Honors Program participants should contact the appropriate advisor approximately six week before graduation.
Order graduation cap and gown
Student's planning to participate in the commencement ceremony should pick up their caps, gowns, tassels, announcements, rings, etc., through the Drago College Store by attending the Graduation Fair. In addition, announcements, name cards, souvenir tassels, thank you cards and other items are also available for order through the bookstore.
Participate in commencement ceremony
Commencement will be held on the Saturday following the end of the spring semester at the West Plains Civic Center.
Handicap access is available to the West Plains Civic Center. If graduates, family members, or guests require special assistance, please notify the office of registration and records.
Graduates should plan to arrive by 8:30 AM for a group photo.
DVD's for purchase
- Video of the May 15, 2021, commencement ceremony will be available for purchase.
- Download the Commencement DVD Order form to purchase a DVD of the commencement ceremonies from the Media Arts Center. The deadline to order is June 10.
Information regarding diplomas and transcripts
Graduates will receive diploma covers at the commencement ceremony. Students not planning to participate in the commencement exercise may pick up a diploma cover in the office of registration and records the week following commencement. The diploma and final transcript will be mailed to graduates once the final verification that all degree requirements have been met is completed. Anticipated release date for diplomas and transcripts is approximately 4 weeks after the end of the semester.